Safer Recruitment in Education Settings
Gives school staff recruiters the information and understanding they need to recruit safely and meet Ofsted requirements.
- Safer recruitment and the wider context of safeguarding
- Prevalence of abuse and profile of abusers
- How abusers operate within organisations
- Features of a safer recruitment process
- Planning a safer recruitment process
- Making the right decisions: interview and selection
- Setting acceptable standards of behaviour
- Maintaining an ongoing culture of vigilance
By the end of this course, participants will have:
- identified key features of staff recruitment that help deter or prevent the appointment of unsuitable people
- considered policies and practices that minimise opportunities for abuse or ensure its prompt reporting
- begun to review their own organisation’s policies and practices with a view to making them safer
This course is accredited by the Children’s Workforce Development Council and is aimed at all those in the education sector who are involved in staff selection.
Childminders, PVI/School Nursery settings and Children’s Centres.
Thursday 27th September 2018
9:30am - 4pm
Chesterton Primary School (Dagnall Street, Battersea, London, SW11 5DT)
Please complete a Course Booking Form by clicking here.
Further information:Book now
Kelly McQueeney at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 622 1619.