Reviewing Your Special School
Supporting Inspection Preparation
This 3- day course, delivered over three separate days, aims to:
- Demonstrate how to analyse a range of information to formulate hypotheses for schools’ self-evaluation and inspection
- Develop rigorous monitoring and self-evaluation that builds capacity and drives school improvement
- Sharpen evaluative observation skills, ensuring the evidence gathered stands up to external scrutiny.
Never before has an accurate and robust self-evaluation process been crucial in order for special schools to ensure they present themselves to inspectors in the best possible light. This highly relevant, practical and up to the minute course will augment individual professional development, unlock potential, and support whole school improvement. Delegates will sharpen and refine a wide range of self-evaluation skills, and understand how to maximise the use of time to ensure school improvement processes are focused on outcomes and evidencing impact. In addition, delegates will develop skills that can be used as part of the peer review process of partner schools.
For an additional cost, delegates can be partnered by an approved Athene Education consultant in their own schools to review an aspect of provision in order to consolidate and refine skills developed during this course.
The course includes pre and between training day tasks to develop and hone skills.
- Setting the scene: Understanding high quality and time effective monitoring and evaluation skills
- Preparing for the first conversation: devising focused lines of enquiry, evaluating and analysing data and school documentation
- Towards excellence: Understanding high quality teaching, learning and assessment
- Evaluation, teaching, learning and assessment con’d
- Triangulating evidence: Holding focused conversations
- Work scrutiny, case studies,
- The early years & sixth form, pupil sampling
- Leadership and management at all levels, including school governance
- From monitoring to school improvement
Aimed at: Senior and Aspiring Senior Primary school leaders
Dates: Spring Cohort: Tuesday 9th January 2018
Tuesday 23rd January 2018
Wednesday 21st February 2018
Time: 09:00 – 16:00
Cost: £525 per delegate
Venue: Chesterton Primary School (Dagnall Street, Battersea, London, SW11 5DT)
Booking: Please complete a Course Booking Form and return it to: email@example.com.
Further information: Please contact Kelly McQueeney at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 622 1619.
Reviewing Your Special School Flyer