Achieving Greater Depth in Writing in Year 6
This course aims to fully explore what greater depth looks like, how it can be achieved and how we can provide children with the writing opportunities and models to support this achievement.
The course will explore the following areas:
- Managing shifts in formality - when and how this can be achieved
- Selecting verb forms for meaning and effect – what are these different forms?
- The correct & appropriate use of different punctuation marks
- Creating exciting writing opportunities that enable children to showcase these skills
- Creating models of writing that inspire the children, exemplify the standards and give us the opportunity to become greater depth writers too!
This course will draw on the recent guidance from the STA as well as use some of the moderator training materials.
It may be helpful for participants to bring with them any key texts that support the teaching of writing in their Year 6 classes.
Aimed at: Year 6 teachers and KS2 leaders
Date: Autumn Cohort: Wednesday 27th September 2017
Spring Cohort: Thursday 8th February 2018
Time: 13:30 – 16:30
Venue: Chesterton Primary School (Dagnall Street, Battersea, London, SW11 5DT)
Booking: Please complete a Course Booking Form and return it to: email@example.com.
Further information: Please contact Kelly McQueeney at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 622 1619.
Achieving Greater Depth in Writing in Year 6 Flyer