Forest School Leaders
(Level 3 Advanced Award)
This practical, 5-day Pearson SRF BTEC Level 3 Advanced Award is for schools seeking to set up a Forest School and deliver sessions with children or young adults in an off-site outdoor environment.
The objectives of this Level 3 qualification are for participants to:
- develop knowledge related to organising and running Forest School sessions, promoting the self-esteem and independence of participants, and understanding safety and welfare considerations
- develop and teach practical skills and the safe use of tools, basic construction of structures and fires, the use of knots and lashings, and conservation issues
- develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning.
The course is structured into three key units:
- Behaviour and development in the outdoor environment
- Establishing the outdoor environment
- The outdoor curriculum
Forest School is an inspirational concept providing learning opportuniites through practical activities in an outdoor environment. Forest School embraces an approach of nurturing, supporting and developing the self-esteem of participants. It is an ideal environment in which to develop innovation, problem solving, risk taking, creativity and teamwork.
Bridgewater College Forest School Training Centre
Training is delivered by Bridgwater College Forest School Training Centre; further information about the college and training can be found at www.bridgwater.ac.uk
Aimed at: Senior and MIddle Leaders of Primary and Early Years settings.
Date: Summer Cohort: 18th - 22nd June 2018
Time: 9:30am – 4pm
Venue: Chesterton Primary School (Dagnall Street, Battersea, London, SW11 5DT) and Battersea Park.
Booking: Please complete a Course Booking Form and return it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information: Please contact Kelly McQueeney at email@example.com or call 0207 622 1619.
Forest School Leaders Flyer