First Aid at Work (3 days)
It is a requirement of the Health & Safety law that employers should provide a safe and healthy environment for their employees. This comprehensive three-day course covers a wide range of First Aid emergencies, enabling all participants to deal with an emergency situation with confidence in a prompt, safe and effective way.
Duration: A minimum of 18 hours spread over at least three days.
Syllabus: A range of subjects are covered including:
• Legalities, responsibilities and reporting • Choking
• Assessment of the situation • Control of bleeding
• Resuscitation • Head injuries
• Stroke • Eye injuries
• Dealing with an unresponsive casualty • Poisoning
• Epilepsy • Chest injuries
• Shock (including Anaphylaxis) • Sprains and strains
• Bandaging • Burns
• Diabetes • Asthma
• Fractures and spinal injuries
• Heart attacks
Certification: Assessment is ongoing by the instructor along with a question paper on each day. A three year Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work will be issued to the learner, subject to successful assessment.
Numbers: A maximum of 12 students can be accommodated on this course.
Date: 18th - 20th September 2017
Time: 9am – 3:30pm
Venue: Chesterton Primary School (Dagnall Street,Battersea,London,SW11 5DT)
Booking: Please complete a Course Booking Form and return it to: email@example.com.
Further information: Please contact Kelly McQueeney at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 622 1619.
First Aid at Work Flyer