Teaching Children to Read: Creating Outstanding Provision
A half-day course exploring how to teach reading effectively in KS1 and KS2 to secure maximum progress and depth in learning.
This course aims to:
- Develop teachers’ confidence and enthusiasm for teaching reading
- Equip teachers with the knowledge and tools to teach reading effectively
- Explore the relationship of phonics with other strategies for teaching reading
- Increase participants’ knowledge of the formal reading tests and how to prepare children for these
- Explore how outstanding reading teaching can be embedded across the school
This course will cover the following areas:
- Teaching & embedding phonics – including active phonics
- Delivering & managing high quality guided reading sessions
- Using effective questioning to ensure depth in learning
- Preparing for end of key stage tests
- Developing reading for pleasure
- Closing the gap for struggling learners
- Leading reading across the school
KS1 and KS2 Teachers
Spring Cohort: Thursday 8th March 2018
13:30 - 17:00
Chesterton Primary School (Dagnall Street, Battersea, London, SW11 5DT)
Please complete a Course Booking Form by clicking here.
Further information:Book now
Contact Kelly McQueeney at email@example.com or call 0207 622 1619.