Designated Person / Child Protection Officer Training
A Level 3 Course
By the end of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Describe the role of the designated safeguarding officer and state key areas of responsibility
- Describe the key legislation and guidance affecting our response to concerns about a child's safety or welfare
- State your own values regarding child abuse and explain the impact of these on professional practice
- State the barriers inhibiting children from disclosing abuse and respond effectively to a child who does disclose.
- State the barriers to staff reporting concerns and develop methods of overcoming them.
- Make appropriate decisions about the action to take when informed of a range of concerns about a child or young person.
- Explain the issues in connection with recording and sharing of information, including that of confidentiality, and state how a referral to children's social care should be made.
- State what is likely to happen following a referral to children's social care and the role the school or college has in the multi-agency child protection process.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the emotional dimension of safeguarding work and identify ways in which the designated senior person can support staff.
Following successful completion of the course, delegates will be issued with a certificate of attendance.
EYFS Leaders, Heads and Deputies from Primary, Secondary and Special Schools.
Refresher course: Wednesday 26th September 2018 (1pm - 4:30pm)
Full course: Wednesday 3rd October 2018 (1pm - 4:30pm)
1pm - 4:30pm
Refresher course: £75
Full course: £110
Chesterton Primary School (Dagnall Street, Battersea, London, SW11 5DT)
Please complete a Course Booking Form by clicking here
Further information: Book now
Please contact Kelly McQueeney on 0207 622 1619 / firstname.lastname@example.org.